- How far is the beach?
- Our condo rentals are in a secure complex covering approximately 12 acres on the beach. The beach is easily accessed from various pedestrian gates near our condos. Our condos are fully within the secure area and cannot be accessed from public areas. The two bedroom nearly beachfront condo is very close to the sand and you can hear the ocean roar. Our condos are near the sand and away from Pacific Street.
- Are your view photos from the condos you own or from common areas like some others we've stayed at?
- Our view photos are from the condo they're indicated to belong to. If interior view is indicated then you'll enjoy an interior view. Unfortunately there are some who advise "on the beach", "beach front", or "views", when actually these terms are perhaps loosely used. Be sure to mouse over photos to view related captions. Internet Explorer, IE, allows caption mouse overs.
- What about parking?
- We provide parking in a gated subterranean parking structure for one vehicle, we have an additional space that may be secured for $40 per week as available. During the summer parking is at a premium as there is no on-street parking near the complex. Across the street there's a public pay lot for $5.00 per day and after 6:00pm guests can park at no charge with a valid parking permit (please ask us). During off-season this isn't an issue as there are some unassigned 24-hour parking spaces within the structure that are often available with a special permit.
Also important, the garages comfortably accommodate vehicles up to 6-ft 6-in tall, so tall vans with roof storage carriers are too tall. There is no on-site storage for trailers.
- What can we do there and how far away are attractions?
- View attractions and driving time for a brief list.
- Do you provide linens?
- Yes, all linens are provided in a clean, sanitary, and well-maintained condition for beds, kitchens and bathrooms. Yes, there's beach towels and some extra linens.
- What about kitchen items and things we're used to having?
- We provide sit down dining tables and chairs adjacent to a well equipped kitchen with normal kitchen items: microwave, built-ins, pots, pans, utensils, toaster, whistling tea pot, coffee maker, blender, corelle plates, various glasses, and the like. There are televisions, DVD player and VCR in living area and primary bedroom. There are radios, clock radios, phones, hangers, ironing board and iron, beach towels, at least two boogie boards, sand chairs and beach umbrella, everything it seems one would need.
- Do you provide condiments?
- You'll find ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, dish soap, hand soap, as well as some paper goods such as toilet paper and paper towels.
- We don't know when we're actually arriving there...
- We look forward to checking you in personally as time permits; otherwise on site personnel will check you in. You will receive check in procedures from us prior to your arrival. If you arrive early enjoy the marina area which is to the north until check-in time; look for on street free parking and two hour free parking lots; be careful - some cost.
- Is there high speed internet in the condos?
- All of the condos have high speed internet. The corner two bedroom two bathroom condo with beach and ocean views has high speed internet available at a table desk in the primary bedroom. The beachfront on The Strand also has high speed internet available in the larger bedroom at a large work desk area with phone service also. The one bedroom condo has high speed internet available near the kitchen counter and dining area. You will need your computer and ethernet power cable to hook up to the service.
- Can we check-in early and/or leave late?
- No, as we often have short turn around times for arriving guests and need time to properly prepare for arriving guests.
- Can we smoke out on the balcony?
- There is definitely no smoking, neither inside or on the balcony; we cater to smoke sensitive environments for our guests; this is a strict policy.
- If we have a situation that forbids our coming can we have our fees back?
- We work with all our guests. Deposits are nonrefundable, however, we will reopen a cancellation time frame upon email or written notification and return appropriate fees upon rebooking less a $50 fee if the dates are rebooked.
- What is The Strand?
- The Strand is a one way one driving lane access along the sand and the beach sidewalk that runs south to north for access along the beach. People walk, bike, and sometimes skate along it. It's where the beach amenities are. It spans south of the pier north to the complex.
- May I make long distance phone calls?
- There are long distance phone blocks on the condo telephones. You may use your long distance calling card account, the AT&T long distance operator, or utilize a calling card you may purchase at a drug store, Sam's Club, etc. Unlimited local calls can be made and all incoming calls of course may be received.
- Why do prices vary so much in that area?
- There is alot of variability here and some owners may manage differently or be out of the area. Should a family vacation to Hawaii cost less than a vacation to Oceanside? There are condos in the area with only east or only north facing windows and/or facing the railroad tracks or facing Pacific Street which may be unpleasant; some face the front parking lot. Some orientations may have poor interior light and there are some condos not within the secure area. Beach and ocean view is an issue and we're able to offer various beach and ocean views at reasonable prices.
We are pleased to be in a position to provide quality and affordability to you and your loved ones which we take seriously. We maintain our condos and live locally. We were Oceanside residents for 13 years before moving one town east for the opportunity to restore a 1920s estate and gardens. Being local residents we know the area well and try to keep on top of Oceanside coastal and Vista areas.
Thank you to all of our returning guests and your referrals to family and friends. This is a grand compliment to us and we are touched.
We wish you an enjoyable stay wherever you stay; the area is wonderful and well centralized for a nice beach getaway. We enjoy this beach area and spend alot of time at this beach, the marina area, and we frequent the Jolly Roger.
- Ok, sounds nice, what do I do to reserve a condo?
- Upon notification by email, text message, or phone, voice or message machine:
email Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: (760)525-1793, Vista, California, Frank and Sheila, we will return your inquiry.
The beach condo dates are held for you for a 5-day holding period to allow receipt of the holding deposit after advisal of deposit being sent. Two vacation rental agreements are sent to you, one to sign and return. Approximately 60-days prior to your stay the balance is due; upon receipt you'll receive an acknowledgement, check-in procedures and directions.
We do not utilize e-commerce for your safety or credit cards to keep costs down.
Your condo will be prepared for your anticipated arrival for your enjoyment. Three weeks after departure your applicable security deposit is returned.
- What about...?
- Please ask us.
Franks Beach Condos Home Page | General Info | Rental Rates
Email Frank at email@example.com or phone Frank and Sheila 760-525-1793
Thank you for visiting FranksBeachCondos.com
April 1999-2017, all rights reserved Franks Beach Condos, San Diego County vacation rental, no permission to copy for commercial purpose.